Common Types of Premises Liability Cases
Premises liability is a broad spectrum of civil law covering many types of claims. Some of the incidents that can lead to premises liability lawsuits include:
- Slip and fall cases from unmarked wet floors or uncleared ice and snow.
- Swimming pool injuries caused by failure to maintain the pool responsibly.
- Accidents caused by defective conditions on a property, such as broken stairs.
- Injuries resulting from poor visibility, such as a staircase that does not have adequate lighting or a broken light.
- Negligent security. These cases typically involve hotels, motels, apartment buildings, dormitories, shopping malls, and other places typically open to the public.
- Injuries from poorly maintained elevators and escalators.
- Injuries from amusement park rides.
- Illness or injury caused by chemical exposure, toxic fumes, or other hazardous conditions allowed to persist on a property.
- Dog bites. Each state has different laws pertaining to injuries caused by domestic pets.
These examples serve to show how expansive premises liability law really is. While the concept of premises liability law may seem straightforward at first, these cases can be surprisingly complex.
Why Choose Jolly Berry Law?
Property owners must ensure the premises they own are free of hazards that may cause injuries to visitors on the property. Premises liability laws exist to ensure anyone injured due to a property owner’s failure to care for their property can secure compensation for resulting damages, such as medical expenses, lost income, and pain and suffering. When an injury occurs due to an unsafe condition on the premises where the injury took place, the injured party should know their rights when it comes to pursuing legal action.
At Jolly Berry Law, our team has extensive experience working as personal injury lawyers in Mission Viejo, California. If you need a premises liability attorney in Orange County, California, our team has the skills, resources, experience, and professional contacts to help you build a solid case and maximize your recovery. Our team believes in aggressive and comprehensive legal counsel for every client we represent. We understand that premises liability cases can be complicated matters.